A Call to Help Stanford and Cancer Research

Stanford Folding@Home Group # 180470

Okay, so after a really good day, I was doing what I always do as a news junkie. I was reading all my twitter feeds from politicians, pundits, and my selected sources. I abruptly came across a story on how the U.S. Air Force purchased 1700 Play Station 3's to form a super computer. I immediately went to my Stanford University's Protein Folding application to check my progress. Stanford has been using PC's and at their inception, PS3's as a networked super computer. It has the highest super computing power in the world thanks to our PC's CPU processing power that we do not use.

Lets face it, most of us do not use our computer's computing power to it's full potential. A good portion of its abilities lay dormant. This is where Standford University's Folding Program utilizes what most of us do not. Unless they still live in their mom's basements, blogging about their hatred for Glenn Beck, and constantly playing the World of Warcraft until they find the need to masturbate to Pink's 2010 Grammy performance... or write for the Huffington Post.

                   Pink's Performance



             Huffington Post Bisnatch


If you are not one of them, first of all I must congratulate you for being a productive member to society. Second, you computer has the ability to be utilized further. It's still using the same global warming (oh wait, 'climate changing') gases at 20% then it would at 99% because the hippies haven't allowed us to build nuclear power plants for 40 years... the same hippies complaining about the coal fired plants that filled the vacuum they created. I shall respectively digress to prevent a further tangent.

Check it out. Folding@Home via Standford University. It will "fold" proteins and relay the data the system. You will join the world's largest super computer in it's quest to solve the mystery of cancer and the mutations that cause it. I have done so since 2004. Just configure the program to utilize 50-75% of your CPU so it doesn't slow things down.

I don't live in my Mom's basement, play World of Warcraft, write for the progressive Huffington Post, and have only masturbated to Pink's Grammy performance once (that's a joke FYI).

Check it out. It helps to further the study of science all-the-while, donating something you do not use, nor can lose.

If you like the cause, download it and join my group, numbered 180470 . Some friendly competition cannot hurt anyone when applied to this cause.

--Topher Lloyd

0 comments: